Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Fish out of water

Since I have decided on doing a triathlon (and am not running as much these days), I am taking up swimming. It is such a graceful looking sport and yet, is so difficult. I had my first "swim lesson" from Megan's friend Hannah. (I won't drown when in a pool, however, it is a little scary to watch me make it the length of the pool.) She is an excellent teacher and I had a fabulous time with her. The funniest part of the night was watching me try to do a flip turn for the first time. I was not very graceful (or even capable) at first, but I started to get it down. By the end of the month, I plan to be able to swim 500 meters without having to stop.
The best part of the night was after the swim when Meggie, Hannah and I all came to my house for some yummy dinner! I love to eat....especially with friends and at the end of a workout!

3 comments:

mandy said...

Can I come swim with you guys? I need swimming lessons, especially if that means I'll learn how to execute on of those sweet flip turn thingies!

mel said...

You'll have to contact the swim master...Hannah!!

hanner said...

She's the best student I've ever had.