Monday, October 15, 2007

Fall sports + Yummy food = A relaxing Sunday

After being lazy for weeks (OK, maybe just days), I finally decided to cook all the yummy recipes I'd been planning on. So, last night, I made one of my favorite dishes: Mexican Lasagna and spicy creamed corn. And because my Cowboys lost to the Patriots (sad day.....my 'Boys are no longer undefeated) I decided I needed to make cookies (Oatmeal Scotties) to cheer me up! But, let me clarify, I really just made cookie dough, scooped it with a cookie scoop (the perfect portion size) and froze it......I'd rather eat frozen cookie dough than actual cookies. With all the yummy food, I had to invite people over to eat. And what better way to enjoy a good meal than in front of the TV watching Sunday Night Football and game 3 of the NLCS. I'm not a huge baseball fan (unless I'm at a game eating a hot dot and nachos!), but I've really been enjoying the playoffs this year. The Rockies are pretty unstoppable right now! The best part of my Sunday cooking spree, I have leftovers to eat for the next few nights. Now, I just have to decide what to make next week.....maybe some delish crock pot chili.

No comments: