Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Working Girl

A few observations after a short time at a "real" job:
  1. This working 8 to 5 is for the birds. Who decided on the 8 hour work day? And why did he think it was a good idea? (Yes, HE, I'm certain it was a man!)
  2. Having to show up at an actual office at a specified time and stay until a specified time!?! What's that? I'm used to setting my own schedule! (yes, this also references #1)
  3. I never realized what a bear commuting is! In the morning, I leave extra early and head to a gym 15 minutes from my office. But, in the afternoon, an hour or more to get home. Does that mean I get to leave at 4pm?
  4. How is it that the guy I supervise/manage works fewer hours than me? Does this seem strange to anybody else? I can only hope I get paid a lot more than him!
  5. Do they realize that work is cutting into my work-out time? I need my 2 hours a day at the gym!
  6. A one hour lunch! Are these people crazy?!? I prefer at least 2 to 3 hours. Lunch is the most important part of the day!
  7. There is no way I can make it to 6pm yoga (see #3)
  8. Am I the only person not related in some way? It seems that way. About 90% of this company is family. But, not me!
  9. I'm tired of the sympathetic reaction I get from people when I tell them I work in the pharmaceutical division (OK, so there are only 3 of us) However, give me a chance to succeed before you write me off (like all the others before me!)
  10. Running errands on the weekend. Seriously, Saturday is not enough time to get everything done. I need at least one afternoon a week all to myself!

The bottom line is, I was not cut out for work. And if I do have to work, I need to set my own hours! I'd better start traveling soon so I can get out of this place more often. And to think, I gave up free Diet Coke, fresh baked cookies and all the freedom in the world for this. These people had better appreciate me!

Let's just be honest, I was meant to live a life of luxury!! Where's my rich husband!

No comments: