Friday, June 22, 2007

Does iPod have an opinion?

So, I recently loaded a new version of iTunes onto my work computer. I need some music in my day to keep me happy (even if I can't dance because I'm in "cubieville"---my own private, totally exposed cubical!) So, I loaded a very small sampling of music that I thought would be work appropriate. There is enough music to get not quite through 2 days of work (I need to add more!) However, I've noticed something odd. I put the player on shuffle so I get an assortment of artists. When looking at iTunes this morning, there are songs with a "0" play count and songs with a "6" play count (and every number in between.) How are some songs played so many times and others not even make the cut? Does iTunes play some songs more than others because it likes them better?

No comments: