Tuesday, June 12, 2007

New Job

Let me first say, I was not cut out to work Monday thru Friday, 8am to 5pm. Who invented this as a weekly work schedule anyway?!? That being said, I started my job yesterday. And yes, it is 8 to 5 and I don't like that part. However, everything else is pretty much good! I am employed by Thatcher Pharmaceutical. They are a chemical company who is just (OK, for like the last 5 years, but with little success) started in the pharmaceutical arena. I have been brought in to jump-start the sales, work with the major companies they supply to (I can't say because of all the confidentiality agreements, but think of me as Delco supplying to GM) and in general take over the management of the pharmaceutical division. I work for a great manager/boss/President of the company. We get along great and there is a lot of potential for growth. Unfortunately, I have to be here at 8am and don't leave until 5pm. This is going to seriously cut into my working out time! But, it will be nice to have a pay check again! Whenever I think of a full-time job, I can't help but think of the song (brought to fame by Seinfeld, in my opinion, just picture George riding a car up the stairwell while this tune is playing) "My baby takes the morning train, he works from 9 to 5 and then he takes it home again....." (I don't know the name or artist, but if you've ever seen the episode of Seinfeld, you know the song)

2 comments:

mandy said...

Welcome to the world of the (structured) working. No mid-day workouts, matinee movies or long lunches... I swear you get used to it!

megan said...

I guess... I still crave free afternoons!