Thursday, April 26, 2007

The beating of my heart

About a month ago, I sent my heart rate monitor off to the Polar factory in New York for a little repair. The screen on the watch kept locking up and it showed that the battery was running low. So, to maintain the warranty and to keep in waterproof, it must be serviced by an authorized Polar repair shop. I packaged it all up and said goodbye to my training buddy. I will thrilled yesterday when not only was my watch returned, but they also gave my a new transmitter and strap (the part that actually goes around your chest to read your heart rate) Upon reviewing my invoice, I was only charged for the new battery. Unfortunately, as I began to reset the time, I noticed something very strange.....every time I hit a button, a message appeared on the screen saying "Warning, Low Battery"

So, my little watch is being sent back to New York for a new battery. They did send me a UPS label for faster shipping and did promise to send it back next day air; after they replace the battery!

No comments: