Wednesday, December 12, 2007

A magical time of year

Since I still have a real estate license and have paid all of my dues to that office, I decided I should go to the Holiday Party. (I don't want to offend any readers by referring to it as a Christmas party). My decision was based on a few factors: 1) The company I work for currently does not have a Holiday party, 2) There would be really good food at this party and 3) It's nice to get to wear that little black dress at least once a year. Well, the food was delicious (at least the items I ate). I mostly had asparagus, potatoes (both mashed and twice baked) and chocolate cake. Don't be surprised, I went back for seconds on dessert. It was really good cake and I workout hard to earn such treats! Upon arrival, I just assumed that there would be nothing but dinner and then home to bed early. But, no such luck. They had brought in the "West Jordan Magical" (at least that's what I heard when they introduced them). It was a group of teenagers wearing holiday attire complete with Santa hats (not those cheap ones, but really cool ones with no cheap white fur) singing Christmas songs and doing a little performance. Well, it was about half-way through the performance that their teacher stood up and introduced them as the Madrigals from West Jordan High. I must admit I was a bit disappointed to learn they were not called the "Magical", although I thought that would have been a much better name. They were actually quite entertaining. I was hoping they would perform "Holly, Jolly Christmas". I wanted to see if they were as good as my 3 year old niece Lyssa Lou (she's known all the word since she was 2 and its a riot to hear her sing it). Oh well, I guess they were afraid to compete with the talent of a 3 year old! To top the night off, as the party was winding down, I peek out the door and see a familiar face. We ran into M.A.H. and my brother-in-laws friend, Spencer. We had a good time chatting with them. It was a good time, but I was kept up way past my bedtime! I guess that's what the holidays are for!

1 comment:

mandy said...

I'll definitely have to have Lyssa sing for me when we're up there!

And where are the pictures of your little black dress?