Thursday, December 27, 2007

Cuarenta Anos Fiesta!

My parents celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary this year (December 16th). Since everybody was in town for the holiday, we decided to have a little celebration in their honor. Thanks Mandy for thinking of this and doing so much of the planning and organizing. We had a fabulous adult only evening (thanks to Ciera and Garet for watching all the munchkins!) We had appetizers, guacamole and chips and salsa, and great mocktail created by Megan (mint mojitos) and dinner of enchiladas, Mexican rice, black beans. Mandy made a fantastic tres leches cake for dessert. We topped off the evening with a pinata which included all the munchkins. The highlight was watching Mom whack the pinata and finally busting it open. I'll be sure to post pictures once they're available!

1 comment:

hanner said...

Ok, if the Terrill/Stratton connection wasn't strange enough, did you know that my parents celebrated their 40th anniversary on the 15th of December? I'd love me some Strattons to keep me company right now.