Tuesday, November 6, 2007

What was I thinking?

Well, after completing my first triathlon earlier this year. I decided that it was time to try something different in the triathlon realm. So, I have signed up for my first Ironman 70.3 (or half-Ironman; the total distance of all three events adds up to 70.3 miles; hence the name) . It is exactly what it sounds like; all events are one-half of a true Ironman event. This race will entail a 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike and 13.1 mile run. I was very excited to sign-up for this race. Now, the reality of what I have actually done is sinking in. And I am filled with dread, fear and anxiety. However, you don't have to worry about me just not showing up for this race. After paying about $230 to participate, my only option is to train, train and train for this race! Fortunately, I have until next July for the actual race. In the meantime, if you can't find me, I'll be at the pool, on my bike or out for a run!

3 comments:

mandy said...

I believe the Russian people {phoenetically} call you shoe-ma-shed-shaya.

mel said...

A you swearing at me? I think we'd all like to know what that means. I'm a little rusty on my Russian!

Justin said...

She is not swearing at you, merely calling you Crazy. The transliteration would be shumashedshaya or maybe its schumaschedshaya I can't remember if the "sh" sounds are simply "sh"s or "shch"s.