Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Food and Football make a great holiday

I love Thanksgiving. All the yummy food, you're allowed to stuff yourself and some great football. This year is going to be just a small number of us, so we have opted for no turkey (or any meat for that matter) Now, I realize that many of you would be thinking, "what a waste!" "That's not really Thanksgiving!" However, I have to disagree. I enjoy the turkey, don't get me wrong. But my favorite part is all the sides and the dessert. Now, I can load up on potatoes, yams, rolls and cranberry fluff and not feel guilty for taking only a tiny piece of turkey. This year, I'll pile my plate high with all those delicious sides I love so much. And then, after being stuffed, I'll roll myself down the stairs to the theater room at my parents house to watch football on the largest screen imaginable in HD! And, after about an hour, I'll be ready for some pie. Since I've never been a very big pumpkin pie fan, I've had the responsibility of making the other pies. This year I will again make Caramel Apple Pie. I'll definitely be enjoying a piece of this yumminess while watching the Dallas Cowboys beat the NY Jets. What a great holiday! Don't worry, I will be up early Thursday morning and getting a long hard workout in preparation for all the eating that will take place.

No comments: