Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Skirt Sports Next Top Model!

Last night Salt Lake Running Co. had their first ever "Diva's Night." Nicole DeBoom (pictured at left) was there to do a little presentation about triathlons (she won Ironman Wisconsin) and her line of athletic apparel, Skirt Sports. Because one of my friends works at Salt Lake Running, I was asked to be a model for the evening. My duties consisted of wearing cute workout attire, (hello, it was great skirts!) and talking to all the women that were there and telling them the benefits of the clothing I was wearing. My favorite item was the Roller Girl skirt, mostly because it has these neat little pockets in the "GirlShort" of the skirt. When I got up in front of everybody to show off my stuff, I pretty much took over the presentation from Nicole and went on and on about how great this item was. She loved how excited I was about her designs (of course, because I sold more product than anybody else!) And, she even said to me, "I think we could be best friends!" I whole-heartedly agreed, and have made a new "best-friend!" Nicole is a fantastic person who is so great to talk to. Although she is truly an "elite" athlete in the world of triathlons, she gave so many tips and helps to all the first time triathletes that were in attendance. She did mention that she didn't have a rep in the Salt Lake market and I told her to sign me up!
I can't wait for Cross Country Camp this summer......Rhielle and I will be going to Boulder this year and we are already planning on meeting up with Nicole and her staff for a run. I love being part of a sport where I can immediately find new friends that want to workout/train with you no matter your skill level.
I think the best part about Nicole, she's a total tom-boy who wears skirts to show off her feminine side.....the perfect combination of girly and tough.....my kind of woman!!

4 comments:

hanner said...

Freak, those GirlShorties are SO CUTE!!

mandy said...

Where are the pictures of you modeling?

megan said...

Serious. I need photo documentation.

mel said...

Unfortunately, I have no photo proof of me and my modeling.