Tuesday, July 29, 2008

the Smith in me

Recently, I had a wonderful treat--goat cheese with fig jam. It was so fantastic I had to share. So, I took some to my mother's house. While she liked it, she wasn't in love with the flavors they way I was. She then proceeded to tell me that I must get my affinity for fig jam from her father. He loved fig jam. In fact, he would make it and not even share because he enjoyed it so much. Well, figs are in season, and I decided to try my hand at some fig jam making. I'm sure that wherever he is, my Grandfather is smiling at my enjoyment this "lugubrious" delicacy! If you're interested, you can find the recipe here.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I am generally not a fig person, I don't really even like them in a newton...not sure if I will like the jam, although I am up to try anything.