Friday, September 14, 2007

I think I just threw-up a little

Why do I alwasy get the pre-race jitters and anxiety? It's not like I'm going to win it all, but I still experience this odd stress, anxiety, I think I might throw-up feeling. This time, however, I think it might be justified. Tomorrow, I'm doing my first triathlon. The Ogden Valley Triathlon in Eden, UT. Here are the thoughts running through my mind:
  • I could actually die doing this race.
  • The swim portion can be brutal with so many athletes; I could really be pulled under the water.
  • I could fall off my bike (funny, yes, but also painful)
  • What if I don't finish the bike in under 1 hour?
  • Will I get beat by a fat girl?
  • Why is my wave the last to start? I might actually be the last person to cross the finish line.
  • What if I have to walk part of the run? I've never walked during a race before!

Well, even with all of this, I'm still going through with it. A wetsuit keeps you buoyant, and there will be lots of lifeguard, kayaks and boats during the swim. If I fall off my bike, it certainly won't be the first (and probably won't be the last)! And, I suppose, if I have to walk part of the run course, it won't be the end of the world. I have to remind myself, all I want to do is finish!

Tune in next week for the full race re-cap!

No comments: