Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Bicycle built for one

In training for a triathlon, I have learned my weakest discipline is not the swim as I would have suspected, but rather the bike. Who knew how hard it was to ride a bike and do it fast. (All those pros at the Tour de France make it look so easy!) Well, I did my first club ride last night. Fortunately, only three of us showed up (and I'm friend with everyone who was there.) I say fortunately because I didn't have to worry about getting dropped so quickly. Charity and Mikey were kind enough to stay with me or at least wait for me to catch up at the stop lights! They showed me a great ride along Wasatch Blvd. The best part was after we turned to head home, there is a great downhill section with swooping S-turns (and the road is basically deserted). Now, I just have to get better so I can really gain some speed and enjoy the ride! The best part of the whole evening, the beautiful sunset we got to witness after returning to the starting point of our ride. As a side note, I didn't fall off my bike once last night; and I had to clip in and out of my pedals about a dozen times. My 5 year old (and the 3 year old for that matter) nieces make fun of me because I still fall off a bike and they don't!

No comments: