Wednesday, September 16, 2009

reading time

I finally got around to reading "Three Cups of Tea" after it was recommended to me almost a year ago. I can't believe I've waited this long to read this book. What an amazing story about how one man truly can change the world. Greg Mortenson is making a difference through the education of women in Pakistan and Afghanistan. His initial struggle to raise funds to build one school has turned into a foundation that has built over 100 schools to date and supports many others. I was thrilled to learn that Greg Mortenson will be speaking at the BYU forum on Tuesday, October 27th. I can't wait to go hear his story in person and learn what has happened since the book was published in 2007. If you're looking for a truly inspiring story, I highly recommend reading "Three Cups of Tea." And, you can learn more about the Central Asia Institute here.

1 comment:

Amy said...

i'm so glad you are posting :) 3 in one week!!!