Friday, March 7, 2008

The Great Northwest

I recently visited Portland, Oregon for work. There are a few things that make me love Portland:
  1. Trader Joe's. I love this place and wish we had one in SLC. I'm all for health food stores and one that offers items at a discount makes me even happier. I even discovered a delicious treat: Dark chocolate covered dried blueberries; in my opinion these are healthy due to all the antioxidants.
  2. No sales tax! Yes, their property taxes and state income taxes compensate for the lack of sales tax. However, I pay both property tax and state income tax in SLC and still have to pay sales tax. It's so great to go shopping and have the price listed be the price you pay, no guessing what the tax will be.
  3. Sephora. Every woman knows what I'm talking about.
  4. Lucy. This is a great little store that I found while in Scottsdale, AZ. They have cute, comfortable clothes. They are a bit pricey, but they have some great sales. If you live near one, I recommend checking it out. (All my Texas fans, there's one in Southlake Town Square)

As long as I have to travel for work, I figure I'd better find reasons to enjoy!

No comments: