Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Because Amy is one of my oldest and dearest friends...

The last 8 books I read:
  1. Into the Wild
  2. The Audacity of Hope
  3. Love
  4. Middlesex
  5. The Road
  6. The Great Gatsby
  7. To Kill a Mockingbird
  8. The Mist

8 things I say often:

  1. I can't, I have to (swim, bike, run, get in a workout)
  2. Fantastic!
  3. It's great to be me!
  4. Who's a skinny-minnie? You're a skinny-minnie (I'm trying to promote good body image to my nieces)
  5. Loves
  6. Thanks so much.
  7. You're the best!
  8. I'm just happy to be here

8 songs I never tire of listening to:

  1. You and I--The Beatles (really, anything by them)
  2. Liar--Built to Spill
  3. Imagine--John Lennon
  4. Fidelity--Regina Spektor
  5. I Feel It All--Feist
  6. Be Still My Heart--The Postal Service
  7. If I Could I Would--Phish
  8. anything on my ever expanding running play list

8 things I'm passionate about:

  1. running
  2. all things triathlon
  3. family (especially all munchkins!)
  4. ice cream
  5. fabric, especially those by Amy Butler
  6. cooking
  7. shoes
  8. crossword puzzles (and other trivia/word games)

8 things that attract me to a friend:

  1. honesty
  2. loyalty
  3. passion for life
  4. trusts me with their secrets
  5. over look faults in others
  6. has something new to teach me
  7. quick to forgive
  8. can laugh at/with me

8 things I want to do before I die:

  1. finish an Ironman
  2. travel
  3. own my own business
  4. write a book
  5. run the NYC marathon
  6. learn to play guitar
  7. learn Spanish
  8. finish all the projects I start

8 things I've learned (or re-learned) this year

  1. I can finish triathlon without dying
  2. I have greater tolerance than I realized
  3. I'm blessed to have such loving and supportive parents
  4. I can swim in open water
  5. true friends are hard to find and even harder to keep, but worth all the effort
  6. my 7 year old niece really does know everything
  7. 36 is not as old as I once thought
  8. I love getting older and (hopefully) wiser

8 random things about me:

  1. In the 5th grade, my goal was to make perfect cookies (and I have)
  2. Cross country camp is good for my soul.
  3. I've run a half-marathon in 1hour 30minutes 36seconds (and will probably never be that fast again)
  4. My proudest/happiest moment in life is crossing the finish line of my first marathon.
  5. I LOVE puns (seriously, more than any person really should)
  6. I might just be the teensy, tiniest bit OCD.
  7. I still love to celebrate my birthday and love an entire day dedicated to me.
  8. I love having family waiting for me at the finish line of a marathon (seeing my sisters 2 blocks from the finish at Boston was unbelievable)

3 comments:

Amy said...

I LOVED your 8's. and I'm really glad you did it. It's kind of fun thinking about it. Even being one of your closest and oldest friends, I did learn some stuff :) Love you!

jenhatch said...

true that on the PERFECT COOKIES!! You're awesome Mel!

Heather said...

Is it weird that as I perused your 8s that I thought...36, how can she be 36? And then I realized that I will be 36 in a few months...I think I just had a "moment".

(I know, you are probably correcting all my grammar!)

:) I love ya and miss ya...I wish Texas and Utah were closer...well, do I really wish that? I do wish that you and me were closer! Its been forever since I have seen you but now that I can stalk you on your blog, I can keep up with you!

I will be in Utah sometime this year barring the airlines going out of business and gas and milk prices equalling diamonds....we should get together for lunch!

Okay...I have probably rambled and bothered you enough!

Take Care Sweets!
HKE