Monday, April 16, 2007

One if by land

Today marks the one year anniversary of my participation in and completion of the Boston Marathon. Here are just a few pictures of that memory filled weekend. Stratton's always seen to want to climb on top of bronzed animals to have our picture taken. Some random woman even took our picture (on her own camera) because she thought we looked so cute!

Easter brunch and Wicked, what a fun way to spend the day before the race. However, I may have eaten a little too much (I left off the picture with the 27 desserts we consumed!)

Packet pick-up at the expo with my buddy Jim Grua.....I have a blue number because I was so fast I got to start in the first wave of runners!

Here I am 2 blocks from the finish line. Yes, I do realize I am running a different direction than the other runners, but I just had to stop and chat with my sisters before finishing. Besides, I was curious as to what exactly they were wearing.......

Yes, that is my face on their t-shirts. I had told them not 2 days earlier that they had better not do something like unto this; however, I was secretly very happy and flattered that they had gotten up early that morning (after I had left) to make these shirts just in support of me!

Because last year was such a fun time, I have been a little sad/disappointed that I was not running this year. That is, I was, until I learned what the weather conditions were like. After a major storm over the weekend the forecast for today is......3 to 5 inches of rain with 20 to 25 mph winds, gusts up to 50 mph, winds coming out of the east (the entire Boston Marathon is ran from west to east....in other words, strong head winds the entire 26.2 miles)....not ideal marathoning conditions. Besides, nothing can compete with the memories of last year! I will run Boston again, but that first year will always have some of the best memories!!

3 comments:

megan said...

Man, you've got some cute supporters!

hanner said...

But I'm glad that you're keeping up with Harry and his progress today.

mandy said...

Ah, such a fun weekend! I wish we were there again!